Powered by Blogger.

Another short history...


I know I should have done this by now... but better late than never right?

I don't have the long, rich history with photography that Niki does, although I have always the need for a creative outlet. My outlet of choice was mostly music, having been in several bands in my late teens and through my 20's.

I did enjoy the small forays I made into visual mediums though. Nothing earth shatteringly important... Things like making my own windows desktop backgrounds and working through colour combinations for basketball uniforms for the teams I played on.
 
Whenever I got a chance to play with Niki's camera I always had fun, even though I generally didn't know what I was doing. I felt like I had the angles and concepts right, but the technical aspects (ISO, shutter speed, aperture etc) were like another language.
Eventually my camera envy got the best of me, and I decided to get a camera of my own. Niki went halves with me as a christmas present, and after some intense ebay watching I found myself with a second hand Nikon D90.


 
I tend to get obsessive when I take on new projects, so when I say that did a LOT of research after getting that camera, I mean it. I'd stay up half the night reading articles about shutter speeds, leading lines, depth of field... you name it. I was fortunate to have Niki around to translate a bit and speed things along.
My focus was on landscapes to begin with, and I found that I apparently had a bit of an eye for it. All of a sudden I was a morning person, watching quite a few sunrises through the lens.






One day Niki got asked to shoot a wedding, and just to cover her bases she asked me to come along and help. To my great surprise I found I really enjoyed it, and we decided that her dream of a wedding photography business would quickly become our dream.

 




Which brings us to now. I still do the occasional landscape session, but weddings have become the main focus for both of us.  So that's it, my photography story. I don't know where the next chapter will take me, but I hope your wedding is part of it!
Thanks for reading!

-Harry 


No comments